The ongoing pandemic has been difficult.
It has affected all parts of society and the experience has been different for different people.
Lots of support is available for the people of Manchester.
Click the boxes below to see what support is available
Manchester Covid helpline
This is a free telephone service that can help anyone who:
- Has questions about COVID-19
- Needs help to book their COVID-19 vaccination
- Needs help to book COVID-19 testing
- Has questions on when to isolate.
You can ring the helpline for free on 0800 840 3858.
The helpline is open seven days a week from 9am to 5pm.
Advice will be from the nursing team and a translation service is also available.
Long Covid Peer Support Group
If you are recovering from Covid-19, there is a weekly Peer Support Group that can provide you with help and support.
What does it do?
- Brings together people with shared experiences to support each other
- Provides a safe and confidential space where you will feel accepted and understood
- Treats everyone’s experiences as being equally important
- Involves both giving and receiving support and top tips
- Helps inform health and social care services about what support and services are needed for people living with the long term effects of Covid-19.
The Peer Support Group currently meets online on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 7pm. A WhatsApp group is also available for people to continue conversations throughout the week.
If you are interested in joining the Peer Support Group please Email Val at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 07702 66 81 69.
Community Hubs have been set up by councils in each borough of Greater Manchester. They provide support to vulnerable people who have to self-isolate. They provide support accessing food or medical supplies to people who have no other means of doing this.
If you are in Manchester, please contact them by phone on 0800 234 6123. They are open Monday to Saturday, 8.30am to 5.30pm
Covid-19 Mutual Aid UK
The impact of repeated lockdowns and self-isolation has impacted people differently. Covid-19 Mutual Aid UK has collected information on various support networks available in your local community.