To stop coronavirus from spreading, those who are eligible for a Covid vaccine are encouraged to access one of the vaccination clinics across the city.
It’s important to have both doses and your booster, if you are eligible.
The Covid vaccines have been thoroughly tested and have met strict safety standards in the UK. The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) are in charge of approving vaccines and they ensure that they are of high quality and are safe for use.
The vaccination programme in Manchester has been a great success thanks to the efforts of patients, volunteers, vaccinators, and everyone in between.
When it’s your turn, you will be contacted and asked to book an appointment. Details of how you can book your vaccination can be found below.
For more information and updates about the Covid vaccination pop-up clinics taking place, please visit the Manchester City Council website.
Book an appointment at a local vaccination clinic
You can book an appointment for your Covid jab at a local vaccination clinic using the national booking system or call 119.
These clinics are led by local GP Practices across Manchester and there’s also a mass vaccination centre at the Etihad.
You can also book by:
- Calling the Care Gateway on 0161 947 0770 or 0800 092 4020. Lines open Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 6:00pm, excluding bank holidays. If you need transport to and from the vaccination appointment, The Care Gateway can also book this free of charge.
- Following the link in a text message from your GP if you get one
- Following the instructions in the letter if you recieved one
- British Sign Language users can book their Covid vaccination by using the www.signvideo.co.uk/nhs119/ service open from 7am-11pm every day.
Find out more about the local vaccination clinics, including information about locations, transport and car parking on the Manchester City Council website.
We also have walk-in clinics taking place across Manchester. You do not need to have a booked appointment to attend.
Details of walk-in vaccination clinics for Manchester residents and who is eligible can be found on the Manchester City Council website.
Booking an appointment at a Mass Vaccination or Community Pharmacy Site
You can also book an appointment for your Covid vaccination at a mass vaccination or community pharmacy site.
When it’s your turn to be vaccinated, you will be sent a letter letting you know you can book through this service. You can book via the vaccination booking service in two ways:
- Booking online at www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination
- Phoning 119.
The letter that you receive will explain that you may have also been contacted by other local services and that if you already booked with them, then you do not need to make another appointment.