Accessing your records

We need to use information about you to enable us to commission services effectively, efficiently and safely.

Our Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) holds some information about you. Please refer to our Privacy Notice which describes how that information is used, who we may share that information with and why, how we keep it secure (confidential) and what your rights are in relation to this.

Gaining access to the data we hold about you

The CCG does not directly provide health care services and therefore does not hold personal healthcare records. If you wish to have sight of, or obtain copies of your own personal health care records you will need to apply to your GP practice, the hospital or NHS organisation which provided your healthcare.

Where information from which you can be identified is held by the CCG, you have the right to ask to:

  • View this or request copies of the records by making a right of access request under the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as a Subject Access Request)
  • Request information is corrected / rectified
  • Have the information updated where it is no longer accurate
  • Where applicable, request information is erased
  • Where applicable, request for your data to be made portable
  • Where applicable, ask us to stop processing information about you where we are not required to do so by law
  • Request whether any decisions have been made about you by an automated decision

Everybody has the right to see, or have a copy, of data we hold that can identify you, with some exceptions. You do not need to give a reason to see your data. Requests can either be made verbally or in writing. Under special circumstances, some information may be withheld.

How long will it take?

We are obliged to comply with our obligations promptly and within 1 month following the date your request is received. If clarification of your request is needed, the 1 month period does not start until that is received.

Should you be unhappy with the outcome of your request, you should in the first instance contact the named individual at Manchester Health and Care Commissioning who responded to your request.

You are also free to contact the Information Commissioner directly in the event you remain dissatisfied:

Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF