Become a member
Patient and public involvement is essential in developing, improving and monitoring health and care services.
Our Patient and Public Advisory Committee (PPAC) is made up of local people who meet with us on a monthly basis to influence and inform how we commission (plan, buy and deliver) services that improve the health and wellbeing of the people of Manchester.
PPAC activity and outcomes from their work can be read in the bi-monthly Engagement, Experience and Insight board paper for the Manchester Health and Care Commissioning board meetings.
As part of being a PPAC member, you will also help to co-produce the terms of reference for the committee.
Patient and Public Advisory Committee Terms of Reference:
How to become a committee member
If you live, work and use services in Manchester, then why not get involved?
As a member you will:
- Receive a regular news and information update
- Be invited to take part in discussion group and listening events
- Be invited to attend and take part in engagement opportunities
- Attend a monthly meeting whereby you hear about key developments in Manchester and are asked to share your views
- Opportunity to inform and influence service developments, business cases and how we engage with patients and the public
To join as a PPAC member, please complete our enquiry form or contact us on the below details:
The Engagement Team, Manchester Health and Care Commissioning, 2nd Floor, Parkway Three, Parkway Business Centre, Princess Road, Manchester, M14 7LU
Telephone: 0161 213 1750
When meetings are held?
PPAC is a formal sub-committee of the Manchester Health and Care Commissioning Board and meet on a monthly basis.
Below is a list of the remaining committee dates for 2020:
- Thursday 29 October 2020 from 4pm to 6pm
- Thursday 19 November 2020 from 4pm to 6pm
- There is no committee meeting in December
If you are interested in attending a committee meeting to observe, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0161 213 1750.