Sign-up for this free half-day event in Manchester to understand the changes and requirements of the national data opt-out, how these will impact on your practice.
This workshop will provide an overview the National Data Opt-out, and when and how it is applied. The event aims to benefit the whole GP team, particularly practice managers, Caldicott Guardians and/or anyone who is responsible for information governance within their practice. It will also be a useful introduction to the National Data Opt-out in the context of general practice.
- Understand what the National Data Opt-out is, when and how it will be applied
- Understand the key messages of the National Data Opt-out for GP teams
- Learn what guidance and resources the RCGP is producing in order to support practices
The agenda will cover:
- The RCGP’s Patient Data Choices Project
- An overview of the National Data Opt-out including key messages to take away
- A look at some case studies to help understand where and how the National
- Data Opt-out applies and the role of the GP team
- Discussion about what other resources would be useful for GP teams in additional to current material
NHS Digital is developing a new system to support the National Data Opt-out which will give patients more control over how their data is used. The system will let patients exercise their right to make an informed choice about whether their data is only used for their individual care and treatment or also shared for research and planning purposes. Patients who decide they do not want to share their data for planning and research purposes will be able to set their national data opt-out preference online.
How to sign up
Please sign up for the event by registering here or here https://tinyurl.com/ybr4yl5u