Greater Manchester Stroke Operational Delivery Network are offering a training and development opportunity for healthcare professionals at Stepping Hill Hospital on Thursday 7 June 2018.
- 8.30 Registration & Coffee
- 9.00 Welcome, introduction & House keeping – Dr S. Meadipudi (Stroke Consultant lead, Stepping Hill Hospital)
- 9:05 Intra-arterial update / imaging – Dr. Samuel Gregson & Dr Hemanth Sonwalkar
9:50 AF & use of Novacor monitoring – Stephen Cross (Stroke Specialist Nurse, Stepping Hill Hospital)
- 10.10 Coffee
- 10:30 Cough reflex testing Georgie Randle (SLT, Stepping Hill Hospital)
- 11:05 GRASP for upper limb therapy SHH Therapists
- 11:40 ‘A day in life of a rehab stroke patient…’
- 12:15 Lunch/Poster viewing – SHH Therapists
Afternoon chairperson – Dr K. Dizayee – Stroke Consultant
- 13:15 Orthoptics input post stroke Lauren Hepworth (Research Orthoptist, Liverpool Research Orthoptist) – Lauren Hepworth (Research Orthoptist, Liverpool Research Orthoptist)
- 13:45 ICH (either local perspective or GM) – Dr A. Suman (Consultant, Stepping Hill Hospital)
- 14:15 Stroke support in the community – Stroke Association perspective
- 14:45 Coffee
- 15:00 Community Stroke referral project – Lorraine Azam, Trainee Advanced practitioner (Salford Royal Hospital)
- 15:30 Prize giving and closing remarks
Sponsorship kindly given by Bayer Pharmaceuticals.
Bayer has provided funding for this meeting but has had no input into the agenda or the selection or payment of speakers.