All locum GPs working in Manchester, who are on the Manchester Medical Performers List, colleagues from federations, and relevant Clinical Leads.
An engagement event for the non-affiliated GP/locum workforce. Aim to develop a future plan for on-going engagement, and access to training, education and development opportunities. Locum GPs will have the opportunity to present their experience of locum working in Manchester, hear about what’s happening across Manchester and its 12 neighbourhoods, and hear more about key issues such as GP appraisal and validation – this is the first event to support locum GPs in delivering quality services, and access to further training and education will follow.
- Understand the preferred arrangements to come together as a representative voice for non-affiliated GPs/locums in Manchester
- Understand training and education needs
- Provide access to a peer network, and possibly mentorship and supervision
- Provide information on GP appraisal and development of professional portfolio
- Raise awareness of career opportunities within Manchester
- Share information about Manchester-specific developments – within services and broader operational arrangements/new models of care
Cost – FREE – plus locums can claim payment to attend: to all Locum GPs on Manchester’s Medical Performers List – all locums will be able to claim payment for attendance at the full event, paid at £250 for the session. This reflects the commitment from Manchester Health and Care Commissioning to engage with our locum workforce, who are a very important part of delivering quality primary care in Manchester. Details on how to claim payment will be provided.
Location – Manchester venue – tbc
Hosting/training – MHCC is hosting, including a range of speakers working in Manchester, colleagues from NHS England, Manchester University and Active Age Planning Ltd – final agenda to be provided via Eventbrite link
Book – You can book your place here via eventbrite using the password locum