Become a member
Patient and public involvement is essential in developing, improving and monitoring health and care services. Our Patient and Public Advisory Committee (PPAC) is made up of local people who meet with us on a monthly basis to influence and inform how we commission (plan, buy and deliver) services that improve the health and wellbeing of the people of Manchester.
PPAC activity and outcomes from their work can be read in the bi-monthly Engagement, Experience and Insight board paper for the Manchester Health and Care Commissioning board meetings. Members have co-produced their terms of reference for the committee.
The committee has developed a work-plan to implement from April 2019 until December 2019. A planning meeting to develop the work-plan for 2020 will be taking place in February 2020.
For 2018/2019 an activity report was produced of the work of the Patient and Public Advisory Committee.
If you live, work and use services in Manchester then why not get involved?
As a member you will:
- Receive a regular news and information update
- Be invited to take part in discussion group and listening events
- Be invited to attend and take part in engagement opportunities
- Attend a monthly meeting whereby you hear about key developments in Manchester and are asked to share your views
- Opportunity to inform and influence service developments, business cases and how we engage with patients and the public
To join as a PPAC member, please complete our enquiry form or contact us on the below details:
The Engagement Team
Manchester Health and Care Commissioning
2nd Floor, Parkway Three
Parkway Business Centre, Princess Road, Manchester, M14 7LU
Telephone: 0161 213 1750
The Patient and Public Advisory Committee is a formal sub-committee of the Manchester Health and Care Commissioning Board and meet on a monthly basis.
Below is a list of the committee dates for 2020:
- Tuesday 21 January 2020 from 5pm to 7pm
- Tuesday 25 February 2020 from 5pm to 7pm
- Tuesday 24 March 2020 from 6pm to 8pm
- Tuesday 21 April 2020 from 5pm to 7pm
- Tuesday 26 May 2020 from 6pm to 8pm
- Tuesday 23 June 2020 from 5pm to 7pm
- Tuesday 21 July 2020 from 6pm to 8pm
- There is no committee meeting in August
- Tuesday 22 September 2020 from 5pm to 7pm
- Tuesday 27 October 2020 from 6pm to 8pm
- Tuesday 24 November 2020 from 6pm to 8pm
- There is no committee meeting in December
If you are interested in attending a committee meeting to observe, please email email@example.com or telephone 0161 765 4168.