Become a member
Patient and public involvement is essential in developing, improving and monitoring health and care services. Our Patient and Public Advisory Committee (PPAC) is made up of local people who meet with us on a monthly basis to influence and inform how we commission (plan, buy and deliver) services that improve the health and wellbeing of the people of Manchester.
PPAC activity and outcomes from their work can be read in the bi-monthly Engagement, Experience and Insight board paper for the Manchester Health and Care Commissioning board meetings. Members have co-produced their terms of reference for the committee.
The committee has developed a work-plan to implement from April 2019 for six months. A further planning session will take place in May 2019.
If you live, work and use services in Manchester then why not get involved?
As a member you will:
- Receive a regular news and information update
- Be invited to take part in discussion group and listening events
- Be invited to attend and take part in engagement opportunities
- Attend a monthly meeting whereby you hear about key developments in Manchester and are asked to share your views
- Opportunity to inform and influence service developments, business cases and how we engage with patients and the public
To join as a PPAC member, please complete our enquiry form or contact us on the below details:
Communications and Engagement Team
Manchester Health and Care Commissioning
2nd Floor, Parkway Three
Parkway Business Centre, Princess Road, Manchester, M14 7LU
Telephone: 0161 765 4004
The Patient and Public Advisory Committee is a formal sub-committee of the Manchester Health and Care Commissioning Board and meet on a monthly basis.
Below is a list of committee dates for 2019:
- Tuesday 22 January from 6.00pm to 8.00pm – Agenda
- Tuesday 26 February from 5.00pm to 7.00pm – Agenda
- Tuesday 26 March from 6:00pm to 8:00pm – Agenda
- Tuesday 23 April from 4:30pm to 6:30pm – Agenda
- Tuesday 21 May from 3:30pm to 5:30pm – Agenda
- Tuesday 26 June from 5:00pm to 7:00pm – Agenda
- Tuesday 23 July from 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- There is no committee meeting in August
- Tuesday 24 September from 5:00pm to 7:00pm
- Tuesday 22 October from 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Tuesday 26 November from 5:00pm to 8:00pm
- There is no committee meeting in December
If you are interested in attending a committee meeting to observe, please email email@example.com or telephone 0161 765 4168.