In each case, I understand that records may be incomplete, and if this is the case, I would like whatever figures are available, together with their dates, to give the most accurate view possible.
Here is what I am requesting:
1. The amount during each calendar year for the last five years your trust has lost to fraud and scams. This would include the year to date as one of those five years.
2. For each fraud or scam of more than £500 the nature of the fraud or scam, particularly:
- The date the money was lost
- How much was lost
- How the money was lost – the precise methodology the scammers used
- What efforts were made to reclaim the lost funds
- How successful those efforts were.
- Who the perpetrator was, if that is known
Should there be a large number of frauds which qualify for question 2, to the point where costs for the request are likely to over-run, I would like the details for the five largest in terms of losses, please. For the avoidance of doubt, I am interested in losses of money due to deception. I am not requesting details of losses of money or property due to theft, burglary etc.
This response is for the years 17/18, 18/19, 19/20, 20/21, 21/22