If you could please provide me with the details below for any services funded by your CCG in relation to Autism & ADHD Adult & Children services:
Current waiting times
Contract Start Date
Which NHS procurement system is used?
We do not contract directly with any organisation regarding Autism or ADHD, but rather include these services as part of our wider contracts with Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (GMMH) and Manchester Foundation Trust (MFT).
Our current contract with GMMH started on 1 April 2016 and was a 3 year, plus 2-year extension option, contract. The 2-year extension was exercised in April 2019 and the contract will end on 31 March 2021.
The contract is an overarching mental health contract, covering a wide variety of both acute and community based mental health services in the Manchester area. I’m unable to share commercially sensitive information such as the contract’s value.
The contracted ADHD service is adult focussed and has the following aims and objectives:
- To provide an Adult ADHD assessment, diagnosis and treatment service for patients registered with Manchester GPs
- To contribute towards the development of a strategic vision for the development of Adult ADHD treatment services in Manchester
- To provide a high-quality service for the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and management of adults with ADHD in line with NICE guidance
- To provide high quality clinical care and treatment for adults with ADHD, which is delivered sensitively, consistently, based on evidence and best practice within a specialist mental health Trust
- To utilise shared care protocols with Manchester CCGs for treatment to be continued by local GPs
- To facilitate the transition of young people with ADHD into adult services
- To operate within agreed referral criteria, protocols and care pathway
The Autism service, which is also adult focused, has the following aims and objectives:
- An autism diagnosis service, with focused post-diagnostic and group support. (outside the scope of Payment by Results (PbR)
- Consultation, supervision and training to professionals and services needing assistance to develop skills working with people with and autism
- Diagnosis, pharmacological intervention and focused support for people with Adult ADHD, in particular for those clients in transition from CAMHS. (outside the scope of PbR)
- Short to medium term (3 years maximum) care coordination for a small number of service users with autism, and/or comorbid ADHD and complex presentations whose needs cannot be met by mainstream services. (Because these diagnostic groups fall outside of the current scope of PbR the default ‘0’ variance cluster or best fit non-psychotic cluster 1-8 will be used)
- A consultant psychiatrist led medication advice service for General Practitioners and other primary care staff seeking advice regarding primary care patients with complex common mental health issues.
The latest MFT contract is a 1-year contract commencing 1 April 2019. In line with NHS England guidance following the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, the extension to cover the 2020/21 financial year is being agreed nationally for acute providers.
Autism & ADHD services for children are covered within the wide-ranging ‘Community Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service’ (CAMHS), within the MFT contract. Autism and ADHD do not have their own specific service specifications, with treatment picked up through this CAMHS pathway.
As these contracts are with Manchester’s big Foundation Trusts, the procurement processes were as follows. For GMMH, a transaction process was followed to move the contract from the previous organisation. A strict due diligence process was followed to ensure GMMH met the requirements of the services. MFT services are procured via the ‘Commissioner Requested Services’ process, which is used when only the local acute trust can provide services. Further information is publicly available.