Feedback and complaints

Manchester feedback and complaints service

As a patient, relative, carer or a member of the public, you may have questions about the services we provide and purchase and may need someone to turn to for on-the-spot help and advice. This is where the Manchester Feedback and Complaints Service can help.

The Manchester Feedback and Complaints Service will listen to your concerns and suggestions and will treat all information confidentially.

This service is an integrated commissioning health and adult social care feedback and complaints service. It is provided by Manchester City Council working in partnership with NHS Manchester Clinical Commissioning Group.

Having an integrated health and adult social care service will provide a one stop shop for advice, feedback and support for the residents of Manchester.

To contact the Manchester Feedback and Complaints Service you can complete our online form or alternatively call 0161 953 8388 or email

You can also write to the service at:

Manchester Feedback and Complaints Service, Manchester City Council, PO Box 532, Town Hall, Manchester, M60 2LA

If you have any feedback or a complaint about a hospital, mental health or community service, please contact them directly.

For all complaints and enquiries about local GPs, Dentists, Pharmacists and Opticians please contact contact them directly and ask for the Practice Manager or Manager. Information should be available and provided to you on how to share feedback, give a compliment or make a complaint.

If you remain unhappy with the GP practice, dental practice, pharmacy or opticians, you can make a complaint to NHS England.

Our guide to how to complain if you are unhappy with your GP Practice may help support you with making your complaint. This guide was co-produced by our Patient and Public Advisory Group, Practice Managers and members of local Patient Participation Groups.

It is also available in an easy read format which you can download in the button below.

If after following the NHS complaints process, you remain unhappy, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

If you need support in making a complaint please contact: 

Independent Complaints Advocacy (ICA) for Manchester residents only

If you live in Greater Manchester, please contact your relevant ICA in your area. For example, if you live in Bolton it would be Bolton Advocacy or if you live in Stockport it would be Stockport Advocacy.