We have developed a strategy to work towards making Manchester a healthier place to live. Below you will find the strategy aims, that focus on our priorities and how we will help to build a better future for all.
Improve the health and wellbeing of people in Manchester
- Proactively support people’s health by starting well, living well, ageing well and at the end of life.
- Improve both mental and physical health.
- Provide services fairly, to reduce local variation in healthy lives.
Strengthen the social determinants of health and promote healthy lifestyles
- Enable healthy lifestyle choices and prevent ill health.
- Support improvements in housing, jobs, education, the economy and people’s social connections.
Ensure services are safe, equitable and of a high standard with less variation
- Coordinate health and care, ensuring safety, quality, value for money and high standards for all.
- Transform the health and care system, shifting care from hospital to the community.
Enable people and communities to be active partners in their health and wellbeing
- Build on the strengths of communities, voluntary groups and social networks.
- Invest in individuals and carers, supporting them to manage their own health.
Achieve a sustainable system
- Reinvest the savings we make into better care.
- Balance our finances now and in future years.
- Develop our workforce so we have committed, healthy, skilled, people where and when they are needed.