The law requires us to set specific and measurable equality objectives as an organisation. Our equality objectives are outlined in our Inclusion and Social Value Strategy, which was approved by the Manchester Health and Care Commissioning Board in October 2018.
- To increase awareness of the inclusion and social value agenda
- Ensure effective communication, engagement and involvement tools are available and accessible for all communities
- Ensure that all commissioned providers have robust standards in place in respect of equalities, human rights and diversity, have plans in place to make improvements and are using social value to improve outcomes outside of statutory obligations.
- Ensure inclusive leadership and an engaged and representative workforce
- Improve data collection and usage across all equality groups to establish a better picture of inequalities